Major Muscles Worked:
- Anchor a resistance band at it’s mid-point at a high anchor point.
- Hold on to one handle of the resistance band with each of your hands.
- Walk backwards, away from the anchor point, until your hands (with your arms straight and slight tension on the band) are at about shoulder height.
- Your palms are facing the floor.
- Your chest is up, and your shoulders are back.
- Keep your core tight throughout the entire exercise.
- Keeping your arms straight, press your hands down towards the floor until they hit or pass your mid-thigh.
- Keeping resistance on the bands, slowly, return to the starting position.
- Do not roll your shoulders forward as you press the bands down.
- Keep your arms straight; the resistance of the band will determine how close you can get to your thighs – Just go as far as you can, keeping constant tension on the band.
- Although the working muscle is your latisimus dorsi, you will also feel this in your triceps and core.