Major Muscles Worked:
- Start by sitting upright on the floor, with your legs slightly bent.
- Lean back, so that you’re balancing on your sit bone,
your lower back is not against the mat.
- You can hold a light object in your hands.
if you don’t, interlock your fingers so that your hands stay together throughout the movement.
- Your feet can be off the floor, or touching the floor. Either way is fine.
- Leaning back just slightly, bring your hands towards the floor close to your right hip as you rotate your shoulders and keep your shoulders square with your arms.
- Return to center, and repeat on the left side.
- The further you lean back, the easier the twisting will be, however it will cause more tension on your abdominal muscles.
- Being more upright will be easier, however you’ll have to twist more to get your hands to touch the mat.
- Make sure that you’re rotating your shoulders from side to side, and not just moving your hands from side to side.
- Keep your head and spine in a neutral position during the entire movement.