Major Muscles Worked:
Legs, Glutes, Hips
- Start on the floor or mat on all fours; hands and knees
hands should be shoulder width apart, and knees, hip width
- Shift your weight in your palms and the knee of your untethered leg
- Raise your leg to the side as far as you can without compromising your hip height.
engage your core
- Stop when your knee is as high as it can be without twisting or shifting weight between your arms..
- Keep your hips square to the ground.
- You’ll want to bend the arm of the stabilizing leg. Resist that; keep your arms the same throughout the movement.
- Keep your core tight, and resist the urge to raise your leg higher than the joint will allow. Just do your best.
- Look in a mirror (or video yourself if that’s not possible – no one has to see it) to ensure your foot is moving in the right direction.