Major Muscles Worked:
- Lie down on your back, on the floor or a mat.
- Raise your arms and legs so that they are pointing towards the ceiling.
- Keeping the stationary limbs pointed towards the ceiling, slowly lower your opposite leg and arm (overhead) towards the floor.
example: your left leg and your right arm
- With control, return the moving limbs back towards the ceiling.
- Alternate Sides
- When your arm isn’t moving above your head, it should be pointing towards the ceiling.
- Try to keep your legs as straight as possible, with your feet towards the ceiling.
- It might be helpful to put a large, light object on your belly (like an empty box or a stability ball) to ensure that you’re not allowing your stationary arm to continue the arc towards the floor lowering near your hip.
- It’s totally common to get mixed up & do the same side (versus opposite sides) at the same time.
- This exercise is much more difficult than it looks.
Yes, it takes concentration and coordination.