Major Muscles Worked:
- Stand with your feet closer than hip width apart. Feet should be parallel to eachother.
- Hold a band in front of you about shoulder width apart. There should be a slight bend in your elbows.
how close your hands are together at the beginning of this exercise is going to depend on the resistance of the band. If it’s light resistance, you’ll be able to position your hands closer together; if it’s heavier, you may need to position your hands wider than shoulder width. you can loop the band around your hands if you’re using a traditional tube style band.
- Chest is up, shoulders are back.
- Keeping your core and arms strong, slowly separate your arms away from eachother.
Keep your torso stationary.
- Keep going as far as you can.
the band should cross above your nipple line, and not at your neck.
- Stick your chest out.
- Slowly, with control, reverse the motion towards the mid-line of the body.