- 1 medium sweet potato, diced
- 3 cups baby spinach
- ½ cup cranberries
- ¼ cup walnuts, toasted
- ¼ cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 3/4 cup chicken stock<
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Prepare Quinoa according to package directions. (Helpful: Review this article from the Kitchn on how to make fluffy quinoa) Use chicken stock instead of water to add flavor. Cool completely.
- White quinoa is cooking, add a few drizzles of olive oil to a sauté pan and place over medium heat. Add diced sweet potato and sauté until tender, about 10-12 minutes. Add spinach to the pan for the last 1-2 minutes to wilt. Remove from pan and let cool.
- In the same pan add walnuts. Toast for a few minutes on low heat – careful not to burn! Remove from pan and let cool.
- Add all of the cooled ingredients along with the cranberries, goat cheese, a little salt and a little pepper, and gently mix.
- In place of sweet potato, use butternut squash
- In place of cranberries, use beets, apples,
- In place of spinach, use kale (chopped and spine removed) or baby kale
In place of goat cheese, use feta
- In place of walnuts, use pecans, pine nuts, sliced almonds, or cashews