Major Muscles Worked:
- Stand tall with your feet closer than hip width apart in front of a mat or soft surface.
- Feet should be parallel to each other.
- Take a large step back.
- Bend both knees, and lower so that you are kneeling on the mat.
- Bring front leg down, so that you are kneeling on both knees.
- Bring first leg back to the front so that your foot is firmly on the ground in front of the mat at the starting position.
- Press through the heel of the front foot, to return to standing.
Make it Easier:
- Place a chair to your side of the leg that isn’t moving. Stabilize your self by holding on to the chair with one hand.
- Look at yourself in the mirror for this move.
- Your hips should be the same distance between your front and back feet.
- Both legs should be bent at 90 degrees.
- Your front knee should not break the plane of your front toe.
- Chest up, shoulders back. Look ahead – not at the ground.
- Your head & chest should be just over your hips at the bottom of the movement. Not your front knee.
- The back heel should not touch the ground, unless it is in the beginning position.