- Place two medium weight dumbbells at the top of the mat, about shoulder width apart, parallel to eachother.
- With your hands on the weights, start in a high plank position.
- Pick up one of the the dumbbells, pulling it into your ribs; and place it back on the mat.
Review the Row motion here
- With the other hand, perform the same motion.
- This exercise may alternately be performed with one weight, and your palms on the mat.
- Try to keep your hips square as you perform the movement.
- Separating your feet will help with stabilization
- Try not to roll to one side as you perform the movement
- I do not recommend performing this exercise on your knees. I find it awkward, and it shifts the working muscle higher into your upper back/trapezius/neck.