Prep: 20 min
Cook: 45 min
Oven: 350 degrees
- 1 Tbl olive oil
- 1 c leek, thinkly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 pkg frozen chopped spinach (10 oz), thawed, drained & squeezed dry
- 2 oz reduced fat feta cheese, crumbled
- 6 medium boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded flat
- 3 oz bottled roasted red bell peppers (about 2)
- chicken broth or white wine
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add leek, garlic, oregano, salt, crushed red pepper, and black pepper; cook and stir until leek is soft (about 5 minutes). Remove from heat and add the spinach and feta, stirring to combine; set spinach mixture aside.
- Place each chicken breast in a 9×13 in baking dish. Top half of the chicken breast with 1/6th of the spinach mixture, and a roasted red pepper; fold chicken breast over, securing with a toothpick.
- Add wine or chicken broth to baking dish, and bake for 40 minutes or until chicken is completely cooked.
- Remove chicken from oven; let rest for 5 minutes. Remove toothpicks before serving.