- olive oil (1-2 Tablespoons)
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 4-6 cloves of garlic smashed or chopped
- 4-6 1/2 chicken breasts cubed (about 1 1/2 lbs)
- 4 Tablespoons chili powder (you may adjust for spiciness)**
- 1 Tablespoon cumin
- 2 cans diced tomatos (14 oz)
- 1 small can tomato paste
- chicken broth
- 1 can kidney beans (rinsed)
- 1 can black beans (rinsed)
- In a large pot, add oil, onion & garlic. Over medium heat saute until onion starts to turn translucent. Add Chicken & cook until most of the pink is gone from the chicken.
- Add chili powder & cumin. Stir to coat. Add tomatos, tomato paste & just enough chicken broth to barely cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat & let simmer for 30 minutes
- Add black & kidney beans. Continue to simmer for 15 minutes.
** I substitute 2 Tablespoons chili powder, 1 Tablespoon ancho chili powder, and 1 Tablespoon chipotle chili powder the 4 Tablespoons of regular chili powder.