Major Muscles Worked:
- Stand with your feet closer than hip width apart. Feet should be parallel to each other.
- Hold one dumbbell in each hand by your sides.
- Chest is up, shoulders are back.
- With your palms facing each other, slightly bend your elbows.
Relax your shoulders down away from your ears.
- Keeping the bend in your arms the same, arc your elbows out and up so that you’re lifting the weights towards the ceiling.
Keep your torso stationary.
- At the top of the motion, slightly rotate your hands down so that your pinky fingers are closer to the ceiling than your thumbs.
- Reverse the motion, and lower the weights with control.
- If your torso is moving a lot, you may need lighter weights.
- Think about the movement as coming from your elbows – versus lifting the weights.
- The movement is similar to you pouring water from a pitcher.