- medium onion, diced
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 small zucchini, diced
- 3 small yellow squash, diced
- 14 oz can black beans, rinsed
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 14 oz can Mexican Style diced tomatoes*
- In a high sided saute pan, heat onion & oil over medium high heat, stirring until onion is translucent.
- Add zucchini & squash, cover stirring occasionally until soft.
- Add corn, beans and tomatoes & heat through. Serve.
MAKES 4 SERVINGS
* My local grocery store carries diced tomatoes in all sorts of different flavors. I prefer to use the Chipotle Style for this recipe, but have used the Diced Tomatoes with Chiles too (or RoTel) & it works great. If you only have diced tomatoes, you may want to flavor them with either a canned chipotle pepper in adobo or taco seasoning. Whatever works for you.
Also, you may want to drain some of the liquid from the tomatoes. Your choice.