- 2 lbs beef or buffalo stew meat, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
- 11 oz vegetable juice
- 14 oz can diced tomatos
- 5 oz can tomato paste
- beef broth
- 1 tsp beef boulion granules
- 1 Tbsp italian seasoning
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 c cubed potatoes
- 10 oz baby carrots
- 1 c parsnips (optional)
- 1 c frozen peas
- In a soup pot, add oil and brown meat over high heat. Drain fat.
- Stir in vegetable juice, tomatos, tomato paste, onion, boulion, italian seasoning, bay leaf & beef broth to cover.
- Bring to boiling, reduce heat. Cover & simmer for 1 to 1:15 hours or until meat is nearly tender.
- Stir in potatoes, carrots, parsnips, and peas. Bring to boiling, Cover & simmer for 30 minutes until meat & vegetables are tender. Discard bay leaf.