- olive oil (1-2 Tablespoons)
- 3 – 4 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 green peppers chopped
- 2 serano peppers chopped
- 1.5 lbs chicken breast cut up
- 2 cans(14 oz ea) diced tomatos
- 4 cups water or chicken broth
- 4T chili powder
- lime juice (optional)
- cilantro (optional)
- monterrey jack cheese (optional)
- crushed tortilla chips (optional)
- Sweat garlic, onion, and peppers with oil in a soup pot over medium high heat. Add chicken until lightly browned.
- Add tomatos, cook for a minute or 2 longer. Add water and chili powder, bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer, cook for 30 minutes. Add cilantro & lime juice. Garnish with cheese and tortilla chips.