Major Muscles Worked:
Biceps, Triceps, Shoulders
- Stand tall with your feet about hip width apart.
- Chest up, and shoulders back.
- Hold a dumbbell in front of your legs with each hand holding opposite ends of the dumbbell.
- Keeping your elbows close to your sides, curl the dumbbell up so that it stops just under your chin.
- Press the dumbbell up toward the ceiling.
- Keeping your elbows as close to your ears as possible, bend your elbows to bring the weight behind your head.
only go back as far as you can without losing control of the weight
- Reverse the movement so that you lift the weight towards the ceiling
- Slowly lower the weight to just below your chin.
- With your elbows close to your sides, lower the weight with control back to the starting position.
- Focus on keeping your elbows as close to your body as possible. If your elbows splay away from your body, your weight may be too heavy.
- Resist the urge to sway back & forth with your hips while lowering the weight to your thighs.