Major Muscles Worked:
- Lie down, on your back, with your knees bent, and your feet flat on the floor
- Place your hands on either side of your head.
- Crunching with your stomach, lift your head and shoulders up off the floor.
Leaving the lower back in contact with the floor, lift your shoulders towards the ceiling
- Try to perform this exercise without holding your head.
- DO NOT pull your head towards your knees. The movment should come from your shoulders lifting from the ground towards the ceiling.
- If your neck gets sore, support your head with your hands.
Be aware, though, that the reason that your neck is getting sore is from the muscles supporting your head. The muscles in your neck will get stronger as you perform this movement more often.