Major Muscles Worked:
- Place a swiss ball on the wall, low enough that the middle of it is on your sit bone.
- Walk your feet out in front of you at about a 30 degree angle.
Feet can be touching, or about hip width – you don’t want your feet any wider than that.
- Press through the heels of your feet, slowly rolling down the wall until your thighs are parallel to the ground.
- Optionally, add weight.
- Start by tipping your pelvis backwards.
- Bend at the knees.
- Roll down the wall.
- Keep your chest up.
Don’t bend over!
- As you lower, keep the weight in the heels of your feet.
- Lower until your thighs become parallel with the floor.
- In the bottom of the position, you want your knees to be directly over your ankles and heels. Complete the movement before adjusting your feet.
- Keeping your core tight and not rounding your back, reverse direction making sure that you press through the heels, and not the balls of your feet.
- (optional) add weight
- Look straight ahead – this ensures that you’re not rounding your back
- It doesn’t matter how close the weight gets to the ground. It matters how close your butt gets to the ground.
- When pushing back up to stand, ensure that your hips don’t raise before your upper body. It should all be one smooth movement.