Major Muscles Worked:
- Stand tall with your feet closer than hip width apart.
- Feet should be parallel to each other.
- Hold weights in each hand, elbows bent, palms facing your shoulders in front of your body.
- Take a large step to the side.
Larger than that. Yep. Even larger.
- Make sure that both feel are parallel to each-other.
The moving foot should not be pointed out in the direction of the movement.
- Keep the stationary leg straight.
- Push your hips back, and bend the knee of the moving leg.
Go as far as you can; until you feel a good stretch on the inner thigh of the straight (stationary) leg.
- As you’re lunging down to the side, straighten your arms, keeping your chest up, shoulders back, and with control, lower the weights towards the floor.
- Press through the heel of the bent leg, to return to standing.
- Curl the weights towards your shoulders to return to the starting position.
Make it Easier:
- Use lighter weights.
Make it Harder:
- Add heavier weight – but ensure that your core stability doesn’t get compromised.
- Review the Side Lunge exercise.
- Ensure that you aren’t swinging the weights for the bicep curl; try to keep your elbows glued to the side of your body..
- Bicep Curls
- Side Lunges