Major Muscles Worked:
Core, Back, coordination
- Start on all fours, with your hips positioned directly above your knees and your hands directly under your shoulders.
- Your lower back should be in a neutral position, neither rounded nor arched.
- Start by raising your arm and opposite leg so that they’re both parallel to the floor.
example: your right leg and left arm.
- Hold for a count of 1 to 2.
- Slowly lower to the starting position
- Alternate sides
example: your left leg and right arm.
- It’s common to initially raise the arm & leg on the same side – this happens to everyone.
- Pause for a second in the top of the position. This will ensure that you’re not swinging and using momentum to perform the action, but the strength of your core to lift.