- 1/2 cup uncooked bulgur
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, quartered
- 3/4 cup minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 diced English cucumber
- 1/4 cup minced fresh mint
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- cooked chicken (optional)
- Combine bulgur and 1/2 cup boiling water in a large bowl. Cover and let stand 15 minutes or until the bulgur is tender. Drain well; return bulgur to bowl. Cool.
- Add tomato and remaining ingredients; toss well.
I know that the chicken is optional in this recipe & that the title has chicken in it, however it’s a great side dish to grilled or roasted chicken. Cut up the chicken & mix in to have a fantastic light lunch.
This recipe was heavily borrowed & modified from the Cooking Light version found in the March 2009 issue.