- 2/3 cup cold water
- 2 tbsp. Splenda brown sugar (not packed)
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon, divided
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3 cups peeled apple chunks (any sweet, not tart, variety)
- 1/2 cup Fiber One bran cereal (original)
- 2 sheets (8 crackers) low-fat honey graham crackers
- 2 tbsp. fat-free liquid egg substitute
- 2 tbsp. no-sugar-added applesauce
- 2 tbsp. Splenda No Calorie Sweetener (granulated), divided
- 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon, divided
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine first 7 ingredients, through the salt in a medium sized pot. Stir well. Heat the apple mixture over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Once liquid thickens to a syrupy consistency and begins to bubble, reduce heat to low, stir in apples and cover. Allow to simmer for 5 minutes, and then transfer mixture to a medium-sized baking dish. Set aside.
- Next, break graham crackers into small pieces. Place graham pieces and Fiber One in a blender or food processor, and grind to a breadcrumb-like consistency. Transfer crumbs to a microwave-safe dish, and add remaining ingredients. Stir well.
- Microwave graham mixture for 1 minute. Use a fork to break up the toughened mixture as much as possible, and then allow it to cool for a few minutes.
- Transfer graham mixture to a food processor or blender, and pulse until crumbly and uniform. Evenly distribute graham topping over apple mixture.
- Place the dish in the oven, and bake for 10 minutes. Allow cobbler to cool slightly before serving. MAKES 4 SERVINGS
* This recipe is a modification from the Apple of Our Eye Hungry-Girl Recipe.