- Stand with your feet about hip width apart. Feet should be parallel or toes just slightly pointed out.
- Either hold the ends of one dumbbell in each hand, or hold one dumbbell in each hand.
- Chest is up, shoulders are back.
- Lunge one foot back at a time, and return to standing.
Review the Lunge for demonstration on the lunge movement.
- Squat with your weights on either side of your legs – or if you’re not using weights, hands can be at your hips or by your sides.
Review the Goblet Squat for demonstration on the squat movement.
- Squat Jump.
- Do not look at the ground.
- Review cueing for the Squat movement, the Lunge movement, and the Jump Squat
- When finishing the jump Squat, Do NOT land on straight legs. Doing so will put a lot of stress on the knees. So, although it will hurt, from the jump, move directly in to a squat.