Major Muscles Worked:
- Stand with your feet closer than hip width apart. Feet should be parallel to each other.
- Hold one dumbbell in each hand by your sides.
- Chest is up, shoulders are back.
- With your palms facing the front of your thighs, slightly bend your elbows.
Relax your shoulders down away from your ears.
- Keeping the bend in your arms the same, lift your arms in front of you.
Keep your torso stationary – try not to rock back. If you are, lighten your weight.
- Pause at the top of the motion.
- Lower the weights with control.
- If your torso is moving a lot, you may need lighter weights.
- You may want to stagger your feet if you’re finding too much pressure in your back.
Front Raise with Bands Variation
- Step in the middle of your band
depending on the resistance of your band, you can use one foot to anchor the band, or both.