- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 1.5 lbs ground lean turkey breast
- 1 Tbsp chipotle chili powder
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 1 Tbsp corriander
- 1/2 red or green bell pepper, diced
- 1 14 oz can diced tomatoes with chiles, drained
- 1 can tomato paste
- 1 15 oz can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 cup whole kernel corn, fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- low-fat mexican style cheese (optional for garnish)
- 3-4 bell peppers (red, yellow, orange, green) halved; stems, ribs & seeds removed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Place oil, garlic and onion in a saute pan over medium heat. Saute until garlic and onion are tender, ~3 minutes. Add turkey breast. Cook turkey breast, breaking up into crumbles until meat is browned.
- Add chili powder, cumin, corriander, bell pepper, tomatoes, tomato paste, black beans and corn to turkey mixture. Reduce heat to low, cover & simmer for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring 2 quarts of water to a boil. Carefully add the bell pepper halves in batches, making sure that the bell peppers are fully submerged. Parboil peppers for 1-2 minutes. Carefully remove the bell peppers from pot & drain. Set aside in a large caserole dish.
- Stir cilantro into turkey mixture. Spoon turkey mixture into pepper halves. Top with cheese if desired. Bake for 15-20 minutes. Until cheese is GBD*
* Golden Brown & Delicious