- 2 pounds fresh turkey sausage (about 8 links)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, quartered and separated
- 1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded, and cut into 1- inch-wide strips
- 1 green bell pepper, cored, seeded, and cut into 1-inch-wide strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cored, seeded, and cut into 1- inch-wide strips
- 1 pound green beans, ends trimmed and halved (frozen is fine)
- 1 (14-ounce) can no-sugar-added diced tomatoes
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil leaves, plus some for garnish
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 ounces button mushrooms
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Fill a large skillet with 1″ water & heat over medium heat. Add the sausage and cook, turning once about 8 minutes. (Don’t fully cook the sausage, as it will be finished in the oven.) Remove the sausages from the water & Drain the water. Halve the sausages length-wise & cut into smaller chunks.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and peppers and cook, stirring, until tender, about 2 minutes. Add in the remaining ingredients except for the mushrooms, and cook, stirring occasionally, for another 3 minutes.
- Combine the sausage, vegetable mixture, mushrooms, in a oven safe dish. Bake uncovered until well browned, about 40 minutes. Serve garnished with basil leaves and Parmesan (optional).