- 2 bay leaves
- 1 Tbsp Cumin
- 1 Tbsp Corriander
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp chipotle chili powder
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced or chopped
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 sm can tomato paste (~6 oz)
- 1.5 – 2 lbs flank steak
- 1.5 green peppers, sliced
- 1.5 red peppers, sliced
- 1 28oz can crushed red peppers
- Layer in crockpot; low for 7 hours or longer, high for 4 hours or shorter
- To assemble: with a slotted spoon, remove peppers & thickened tomato sauce from top; place in bowl. Remove flank steak to cutting board. Continue removing onions & place them with peppers in bowl being careful to throw away the bay leaves. Discard remaining sauce. Turning your attention back to the steak, shred beef with two forks, pulling strands away from the body of the meat.
- At this point, you can either mix the meat back in with the peppers, onions and tomato sauce, and create a taco that way, or you can assemble your taco with the beef & place the tomato sauce, peppers and onions on top.