- 1c quinoa
- 2c chicken broth
- 2 garlic cloves, whole
- 1c basil, shredded or torn
- 1 pint cherry, or grape tomatos, quartered or halved
- 10 – 15 mozzarella ciliegine (small mozzarella balls) or 3/4 of a large ball cubed
- 2T garlic olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Rinse/soak quinoa. Place broth & garlic in a medium sauce pan over high heat. Bring to a boil, add quinoa & reduce heat to medium low. Simmer for 15 minutes until all broth is absorbed & quinoa is slightly transparent.
- Transfer quinoa to a large bowl & place in refrigerator to cool. (1-2 hours)
- Meanwhile, prepare basil, mozzarella & tomatos. Once quinoa is cool, pick out garlic cloves & mince them back into the quinoa. Add basil, mozzarella, tomatos, oil, salt & pepper. Serve.
Click here for more information on Quinoa