OMG Guys! This sandwich was SO. Freakin’ Good!
You have to try it.
I made the chicken and the slaw, and served it on one of those 100 calorie sandwich thins (toasted) – but you can use any bread that you like. Of course!
Also, you can use any BBQ sauce you’d like. The one I used is from my local grocery store, and it’s a mustard based sauce. It was perfect for this recipe.
Pulled BBQ Chicken
- 3-4 chicken breasts
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp liquid smoke
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup bbq sauce
Directions for Chicken
- Place chicken in the slow cooker and season with garlic, liquid smoke, salt, pepper, vinegar, and chicken stock.
- Cover and set to high for 4 hours (or 6-8 on low).
- Remove chicken and transfer to cutting board to shred with two forks; reserve all the liquid into a cup and set aside.
- Return chicken to the crockpot; add BBQ sauce, and if desired loosen with reserved liquid. Keep warm until ready to serve.
- 4 cups (total) cabbage, broccoli slaw, shaved brussles sprouts, carrots & any other cruciferous veggies
- 1/4 cup Mayo (I made my own using the recipe from Well Fed)
Directions for Slaw
- Add all ingredients to bowl. Mix well.
I hope you enjoy this! It’s freakin’ Amazing!!