- Stand with your feet about hip width apart. Feet should be parallel or toes just slightly pointed out.
- Hold one dumbell in each hand.
- Chest is up, shoulders are back.
- Lifting through your elbow, lift both arms to your sides (Lateral Raise).
Review the Lateral Raise for demonstration on the movement.
- Push your hips back, bend over and raise your arms away from the floor Rear Raise.
Review the Rear Raise for demonstration on the movement.
- Stand up, Repeat.
- Do not look at the ground.
- Use weight appropriate for the Lateral Raise or the Rear Raise.