Major Muscles Worked:
- Loop a handled tubing band around a stable anchor point – about hip high..
- Facing the anchor point, place one knee on the floor, and raise the other knee so that the opposite foot is on the floor.
- Scoot back so that there’s tension on the bands.
You may need to play with and adjust your position away or towards the anchor point to increase or decrease tension.
- Chest up, shoulders back and down.
- With the handles in your hands, start by rolling your shoulders back, so that your back is not rounded.
- As you continue leading with your elbow towards the back wall, skim your body with your forearms.
- At the ‘top’ of the motion,try to get your elbows to touch.
They will never touch in the back of your body – but you want to try anyway.
- Reverse the motion. Release the tension with control.
- At the full extension of your arm, allow your shoulder to round forward toward the anchor point.
- Do NOT roll your wrist; the idea is to get your elbow as far back as possible. not to get the band to your body.
- Keep your core tight to support your lower back.
- Keep your legs engaged to support the movement.