Major Muscles Worked:
Legs, Glutes, Hips
- Start on the floor or mat on all fours; hands and knees
hands should be shoulder width apart, and knees, hip width
- Shift your weight in your palms and the knee of your right leg
- Raise your left leg to the side as far as you can without compromising your hip height.
engage your core
- Make large circles with your knee, trying to move throughout the entire range of motion for your hip
Only go as far as you can without twisting or shifting weight between your arms.
- Reverse Direction
- Change Legs
- Keep your hips square to the ground.
- Resist the urge to bend the arm of the stabilizing leg. Keep your arms the same throughout the movement.
- Keep your core tight, and resist the urge to raise your leg higher than the joint will allow. Just do your best.
- Look in a mirror (or video yourself if that’s not possible – no one has to see it) to evaluate your form & ensure that you’re not overcompensating range of motion with other parts of your body.