Let’s see here… I need to take role of all the stupid diets that don’t work.
- Grapefruit Diet? Check
- Cabbage Soup Diet? Check
- Cookie Diet? Check
- Maple-Syrup/Lemon Juice/Cayenne Pepper Diet? Check Check Check
- Banana Diet?
What? You haven’t heard of the new Banana Diet that is sweeping Japan like a Giant-Sized Godzilla/PokeMon character? Here are the specifics:
- A banana (or as many as you want) and room temperature water for breakfast
- Eat anything you like for lunch and dinner (by 8 p.m.).
- A three o’clock snack is okay
- No desserts after meals
- You have to go to bed before midnight
Unsure of what the “room temperature water” is all about for breakfast, the only problem I have with the diet is #2, oh yeah – and #3. So for lunch, I’d like a Bic Mac & a large fry; Dinner, I’d like a whole pizza. And that 3 o’clock snack? It’s a brownie.
Okay – so I’m being sarcastic, but still. you get the point. I hardly think that breakfast is where most people exceed their calorie budget for the day. Now, “No desserts after meals”, and no night time munching (dinner before 8 p.m.) could be why this diet is successful for a few folks.
So the lesson to be taken away from this post is, “Stay away from diets whose titles identify a specific food” (i.e.: see list above).
Fee fy mo Mana, Banana!