Major Muscles Worked:
Biceps, Triceps, Shoulders
- Stand tall with your feet about hip width apart.
- Chest up, and shoulders back.
- Hold a dumbbell in front of your legs with each hand holding opposite ends of the dumbbell.
or hold the handles of bands in each hand with the band looped under the arches of your feet
- Keeping your elbows close to your sides, curl the dumbbell up so that it stops just under your chin.
- Press the dumbbell up toward the ceiling.
- Slowly lower the weight to just below your chin.
- With your elbows close to your sides, lower the weight with control back to the starting position.
- Focus on keeping your elbows as close to your body as possible. If your elbows splay away from your body, your weight may be too heavy.
- Resist the urge to sway back & forth with your hips while lowering the weight to your thighs.